The First Year studied on all Aston Business School undergraduate degree programmes is designed to give students a broad knowledge of business and management. Many employers seek graduates with good 'all round' knowledge of a range of business functions. The broad range of subjects studied ensures that our graduates are some of the most employable in the country, whilst also allowing a transfer between certain programmes.
Those who pursue a more management orientated career are equipped with skills to analyse how changes in the economic environment affects their organisations and therefore make more informed and better decisions.Those who pursue a more economics orientated career are equipped with practical management skills that enable them to effectively manage the teams they lead.
Graduates from the Economics and Management (Hons) course from the Aston University degree typically find employment in the fields of economics, management, finance and education. Recent graduates have been employed in roles such as Technology Consulting Graduate Scheme, Corporate Finance Associate, Commercial Banking Graduate Scheme, Data analyst, Graduate Risk Analyst, Audit Trainee, Tax professional and Accounting Coordinator at companies such Nestle, KPMG, Accenture, Grant Thornton, RBS, Ernst & Young, DPD Group UK, HMRC, Ernst and Young and Barclays.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introductory Accounting for Business
- Introduction to Organisational Behaviour
- Mathematics for Economics
- Statistics for Economics
- Introduction to Marketing Management
- Applied topics in Economics
- Principles of Macroeconomics
- Principles of Microeconomics
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Management, Organisation & Leadership View 798 other Masters in Economics in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- UCAS Code: LN12
- Typical offers:
- A Levels: ABB - BBB
- IB: 32 points overall in the IB diploma with 6,6,5 - 6,5,5 at HL. Minimum scores of 5 in English and Maths at Standard level.
- BTEC, Access & other: BTEC Extended Diploma DDD. Access to HE students are eligible to apply for this course.
- 5 GCSE grades A*- C to include:
- GCSE Maths – grade B/5
- GCSE English Language OR English Literature – grade C/4
- Please note that General Studies does not contribute towards the UCAS points requirement but is welcomed as an additional qualification.
International15950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15950 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
- UK students During placement year: £ 1,250
- International/EU students During placement year:£2,500
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.