Teacher Education in English is a four-year programme in an international setting and has been taught in the English language since 2015. We want to inspire you to become a great English teacher and an inspiration to your students. Within two months of studying you will be in a school or college to start your work placement as a part of your training. You will spend ten weeks doing a work placement abroad as well. About 60% of your teachers are native English speakers. All this makes for a truly international programme, preparing you for an exciting career as a qualified English teacher.
When you graduate, you will receive a Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) degree, together with the International Diploma Supplement (IDS) in English. Job prospects for English teachers remain strong.
If you have chosen Teacher Education in English and German, you receive a double degree, which translates to even better job opportunities.
With your Teacher Education in English programme from HU University of Applied Sciences Utrecht , you may work in secondary education, teaching the lower years, and at vocational and language schools. You can also become a freelancer and teach/tutor privately, write course books or exam materials or work in teacher training.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesEducation View 7 other Bachelors in Education in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The Admission Office needs a copy of your diploma and transcript for the official diploma evaluation. You have to pass an English language test and an interview may be part of your admission procedure.
- International Baccalaureate or European Baccalaureate Diploma
- China: senior middle school diploma
- Germany: Abitur (Zeugnis der Allgemeine Hochschulreife) or Fachhochschulreife
- UK: 6 subjects with a minimum of 4 GCSEs/IGCSEs with A, B or C grade AND 2 A/AS levels
- France: Baccalaureate
- Switzerland: Maturitatszeugnis
- Italy: Diploma di Maturità
- USA: high school diploma with college preparatory programme
- General: a Matriculation Certificate
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International7565 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7565 EUR per year during 48 months.
EU/EEA1084 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1084 EUR per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Utrecht
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.