The Architectural Technology (Hons) B.Sc. at London South Bank University will prepare you with design, technical and management skills, and teach you to apply scientific principles and practical knowledge to meet performance criteria.
Why Architectural Technology at LSBU?
- Accredited by the Chartered Institute of Architectural Technologists (CIAT) and the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB).
- Option to complete your third year in a paid professional work placement.
- For those holding a relevant HNC/D it is possible to enter the course in the third year and 'top up' your existing qualification to a full degree. To apply, use UCAS (full-time) or apply direct to LSBU (part-time) and simply indicate which year of the course you wish to join.
Architectural Technologists are enlisted on architectural projects to translate designers' intentions into feasible development proposals. They are specialists in analysing the requirements and challenges of a construction project and applying the best fit in terms of technology, materials and processes.
A fully qualified Chartered Architectural Technologist can manage construction projects from design through to build. The profession requires strong drawing skills, problem-solving abilities and attention to detail. Also, as an array of software is used on a daily basis, it's important to be IT literate.
This course will prepare you for a career within the design and architectural fields, where you use sound technical skills and scientific principles to meeting building performance criteria.
You'll boost your employability through our vocational approach to teaching, an (optional) placement, and (optional) summer experience opportunities.
Accredited by the Chartered Institute of Architectural Technologists (CIAT) and the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Architectural design and technology
- Building services and environmental science
- Construction technology and materials
- Construction technology and structures
- Legal and economic context
- Construction practice
- 3D computer aided design and building information modelling
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchitecture Civil Engineering & Construction View 405 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Level CCC or;
- BTEC National Diploma DMM or;
- Access to HE qualifications with 45 merits or;
- Equivalent level 3 qualifications worth 112 UCAS points
- Applicants must hold 5 GCSEs A-C including Maths and English or equivalent (reformed GCSEs grade 4 or above).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14470 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14470 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
- UK/EU fee: £5550
- International fee: £8682
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.