Focusing on the needs of participants or clients, you’ll explore training, nutrition, motivation and leadership; and increase your effectiveness and skills in these areas. As you study, you’ll always come back to what matters most: applying theory to practice.
Key features of the Certificate of Higher Education in Sport, Fitness and Management at The Open University UK
- Offers flexible learning that fits around your sport, fitness and work commitments
- Demonstrates a strong applied focus through the extensive use of audiovisual case studies
- Uses innovative technology such as augmented reality to enhance your learning
- Enables you to gain Register of Exercise Professions CPD points throughout your study
- Builds a solid foundation for further study
Skills for career development
This qualification has been developed directly with employers to ensure that it provides the skills they need. For example, in addition to theoretical knowledge of fitness training, you’ll gain an understanding of sector organisation, customer care, business strategies, safety frameworks, and effective instruction and communication. These skills will help to increase your career opportunities and earning potential.
If you’re aiming to access graduate level careers, this certificate is your first step on the way. After successfully completing the course, you’ll be able to build on your study to gain further professional qualifications – such as a foundation degree or full honours degree.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
You'll study the following:
- Working with people in sport and fitness
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
We expect to open for registrations in March
DisciplinesEducation Sports Management Health Sciences View 55 other Masters in Education in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- There are no formal entry requirements to study this qualification.
- You don’t need experience of working in sport and fitness prior to starting this degree. However, you’ll find the modules and assignments much easier and more fulfilling if you can draw on employment (paid or unpaid) experience.
- At The Open University we believe education should be open to all, so we provide a high-quality university education to anyone who wishes to realise their ambitions and fulfil their potential.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International6192 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6192 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA6192 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6192 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Students living outside the UK aren’t normally eligible for a tuition fee loan. We suggest checking with your national government or education authority for advice on funding.
There are a number of scholarship opportunities listed on the Scholarship Portal website.
The site features over 1,000 scholarships listed by country, ranging from the Amelia Earhart Fellowship for Women in Science and Engineering, to a Young Horticulturalist of the Year Award.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.