The English Language and English Literature (Hons) degree from Swansea University covers how we acquire language, how language works, how societies communicate and over a thousand years of literature, from Beowulf to the present day. You will have the chance to study national and global literature, Renaissance literature, Gothic and genre fiction, 19th century literature, modernity and contemporary fiction, gender and culture, creative and professional writing.
You will have the option of taking the internationally recognised Cambridge Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults (CELTA) during your second year, further improving your student experience and career prospects.
Graduates enter careers in a wide range of sectors including:
- social media
- project administration
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- National and Global Literature
- Renaissance Literature
- Gothic and Genre Fiction,
- 19th-century Literature
- Modernity and Contemporary Fiction
- Gender and Culture
- Creative and Professional Writing
- Language Analysis
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Literature View 623 other Masters in Literature in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Our standard entry requirement is BBB (UCAS tariff points 120) or equivalent. All offers are made following a review of the application form, predicted/achieved grades and subjects, the reference and personal statement.
- We also accept a range of advanced level qualifications including: International Baccalaureate 32; Welsh Baccalaureate - grade equivalent to A-level; Access to Higher Education and Open University qualifications, and Extended Project.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15400 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Swansea
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.