As well as developing your language skills in French, German or Spanish, you will gain knowledge and practical skills to prepare you for a career in translation or interpreting.
You will also spend a year abroad, studying in one of our partner institutions with excellent translation and interpretation programmes – an exciting and valuable opportunity, which will further boost your student experience and your employment prospects.
If you are considering a career in translation or interpreting, this degree provides a foundation of the knowledge, skills and professional practice you will need.
You will have two working languages, usually taking one from beginner level. As you improve your competence in the languages, you will gain a deeper understanding of the cultures and societies where these languages are used.
This Modern Languages, Translation and Interpreting (Hons) degree from Swansea University can open doors to exciting career opportunities in the UK and internationally.
Our graduates have careers in:
- translation and interpreting
- journalism, media and public relations
- government, politics and humanitarian organisations
- business and commerce
- public services
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Grammar and Meaning in Translation and Interpreting
- Concepts in Translation and Interpreting
- Language Teaching Methodology
- Modern European Film: Themes and Perspectives
- Modern Languages - Language Teaching
- Computer-Assisted Translation
- Dialogue Interpreting
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Translation & Interpreting Linguistics View 543 other Masters in Linguistics in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Our standard entry requirement is BBB (UCAS tariff points 120) or equivalent. All offers are made following a review of the application form, predicted/achieved grades and subjects, the reference and personal statement.
- We also accept a range of advanced level qualifications including: International Baccalaureate 32; Welsh Baccalaureate - grade equivalent to A-level; Access to Higher Education and Open University qualifications, and Extended Project.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16950 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
National9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9000 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.