From the foundations of computer science and programming to studies in software production, operating systems and the Internet of Things, you'll move through subjects reflecting the most up-to-date global technologies. You can specialise in game design, or focus on cloud computing and mobile app development.
Charles Sturt University's Bachelor of Computer Science (with specialisation) is a dynamic course that will equip you to become an expert programmer. You'll graduate with the skills to take a software application from concept to reality in object-oriented programming, games programming and the development of apps for mobile and other devices.
Charles Sturt University's computer science course has an excellent national reputation, with a research profile that is ranked at world level according to the most recent Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA) evaluation in 2015.
Choose between full-time, part-time and online study options to match your work and lifestyle commitments. You can study at a Charles Sturt University campus, a Charles Sturt University Study Centre or online from almost anywhere in the world. You can speed up or slow down your study pace to meet your changing professional and personal needs. And you could cut the overall length and cost of your course by obtaining recognition of prior study – in some cases, waiving up to half of the degree.
If you follow the Games Programming specialisation, your subjects will focus on the latest in games design, programming apps for Android, programming games engines such as Unity, and computer graphics. When you choose the Computer Science stream you can select from subjects reflecting the latest developments in cloud computing, mobile application development, computer security and more. High-achieving graduates may also elect to join a computer science Honours program.
Stand out from the IT crowd in a fast-paced and evolving industry with the Bachelor of Computer Science from Charles Sturt University.
- Test, promote and conduct market research for new products and software packages for a range of platforms.
- Take up a leading role in developing computer graphics and software or be at the forefront of the latest machine learning developments.
- Take charge of your career as a contractor or consultant. Job opportunities range from computer or information technology analyst, programmer, software or systems engineer, to game or mobile application developer.
- Indigenous Australian Cultures, Histories and Contemporary Realities
- Communication and Information Management
- Programming Principles
- Database Systems
- Computer Systems
- Human Computer Interaction
- Professional Programming Practice
- Programming in Java
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
International students: apply direct to Charles Sturt University or find a Recruitment agent.
these deadlines are for Australian and New Zealand students
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Data Science & Big Data Machine Learning View 199 other Bachelors in Computer Sciences in Australia
We are not aware of any specific GRE, GMAT or GPA grading score requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Charles Sturt University and/or in Australia, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A completed High School Certificate (or equivalent) with an ATAR equal to 55 (including adjustment factors) or greater, OR
- A Higher School Certificate (or equivalent) with results of 60% or higher in subjects in the Software Development, English and Mathematics areas, OR
- A completed Vocational Education and Training (VET) Certificate III or higher in Information Technology (including any specialisation of Information Technology), studied at a TAFE or Registered Training Organisation (RTO) or AQF equivalent Certificate IV in an area related to Information Technology, OR
- Two years relevant professional IT work experience (i.e. in areas such as programmer, analyst, systems administration, help desk, network support but NOT clerical roles such as data entry or secretarial) demonstrated by a detailed resume, OR
- Special Tertiary Admissions Test (STAT) with an equivalent ranking to the currently listed ATAR.
International26160 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26160 AUD per year during 36 months.
National6992 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6992 AUD per year during 36 months.
- Domestic students: Commonwealth supported place
Living costs for Bathurst
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
In order for us to give you accurate scholarship information, we ask that you please confirm a few details and create an account with us.
Below you will find Bachelor's scholarship opportunities for Computer Science (with specialisation).
You are eligible to apply for these scholarships but a selection process will still be applied by the provider.