Half of your time will be spent at the University honing your specialist knowledge, with the remainder on placements practising your skills in a supported healthcare environment. To assist your professional development, you will learn how to aid the recovery of people with mental health problems while working alongside those in related health and social care professions, including adult nurses, social workers and dietitians.
On completion of the Mental Health Nursing (Hons) from Leeds Beckett University , you will be a qualified mental health nurse able to apply for registration with the Nursing & Midwifery Council. During your studies, you will experience a simulated recruitment process.
Your tutors will be on hand to take you through mock interviews and provide tailored feedback. To support your search for employment, we also hold an annual nursing recruitment fair attended by a wide range of organisations, including the armed forces and the Royal College of Nursing.
- Mental health nurse
- Learning disability nurse
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Nursing for Health
- Developing Professional Awareness: Law & Ethics in the Professional Context
- Communication for Nursing Practice
- Applied Biological Sciences in Nursing Practice
- Academic Learning for Nursing Practice
- Skills for Mental Health Nursing Practice
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesNursing Health Sciences View 386 other Bachelors in Nursing in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Students will be recruited on the basis that their values align with those of the NHS Constitution, as well as having the right skills and aptitude, in accordance with Value Based Recruitment
- We conduct interviews as part of the admissions process and suitable applicants will be invited to an online interview.
- Applicants will be required to provide photographic ID (Passport, Driving Licence) and original certificates for all qualifications awarded to date. If you do not possess your original certificates, we recommend making arrangements to obtain copies in preparation should you be invited to interview.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14000 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Leeds
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.