We are organising an online open day on Wednesday 1 December 2021 to inform students about our English-language programmes. Discover Europe’s most innovative university and learn more about our international programmes, admissions, housing and much more. For more information, Google “KU Leuven Online Open Day”.
There is no doubt that those who enroll for a Bachelor of Theology and Religious Studies at KU Leuven will be profoundly introduced into the study of Christianity and the world religions. This solid basis will be laid with the aid of challenging lectures, interactive seminars in small groups, and personal guidance in the writing of papers and essays. The programme can be followed on a full-time or part-time basis.
This bachelor programme prepares for a more specialized study in the Research Master or the Master of Theology and Religious Studies.
The Faculty also offers a reduced programme: the Abridged Bachelor of Theology and Religious Studies (between 45 to 120 ECTS). This reduced programme varies from candidate to candidate and takes into account each candidate’s previous academic formation.
After graduation, most bachelor students decide to continue with their studies at the Faculty of Theology and Religious Studies going on to obtain a Research Master and often even a Doctoral Degree. Studies at the Faculty of Theology and Religious Studies prepare students for a variety of careers in sectors such as education, business, publishing, the media and the pastoral and socio-cultural sector.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Old and New Testament Exegesis: Psalms and Wisdom
- Old and New Testament Exegesis: John
- Fundamental Theology: Faith and Revelation
- Christian Political and Social Ethics
- History of Church and Theology: Contemporary Period
- Pastoral Theology
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
180 ECTS (3 year full-time)
120 ECTS (abridged programme)
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology Christian Studies Islamic Studies
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- For admission to this programme, the general admission requirements for a Bachelor's programme apply:
- 1° a Flemish degree of secondary education;
- 2° a Flemish degree of short-course higher education;
- 3° a Flemish degree of higher education for social advancement, with the exception of the certificate of pedagogic aptitude;
- 4° a degree or certificate, awarded in the context of the Flemish HBO;
- 5° a degree or certificate which, pursuant to a law, Decree or European guideline or another international agreement, is deemed equivalent to the certificates mentioned in the categories above.
- Prospective students who obtained an English bachelor's degree at the faculty or who are citizens of Australia, English-speaking Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, the UK or the United States of America, speaking English as their mother tongue, are not required to submit a certificate demonstrating their English knowledge.
International1250 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1250 EUR per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA961 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 961 EUR per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Leuven
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.