This course is now full for September 2021 entry. You may still apply, but your application may be held on a waiting list (either prior to or following an interview). If your application is on a waiting list, we will inform you if a space becomes available by the end of June. Please note: there is still space on the Foundation Year option for this course and applications are still being processed for this entry route.Why study BSc (Hons) Adult Nursing at BU?
- Develop into a compassionate, knowledgeable, competent and confident graduate nurse capable of delivering and leading high-quality, person-centred care in a wide variety of healthcare settings
- Apply to study based at either our Bournemouth or our Yeovil Campus
- 50% of the course is spent in practice placements to gain practical nursing experience in diverse locations like hospitals, community homes, private clinics and community nursing teams
- Developed in conjunction with practice partners, service users and carers, on this course you’ll learn from experienced registered nurses and other healthcare practitioners
- Newly built skills facilities include simulated hospital wards and community home settings, allowing you to learn and practice various nursing procedures safely
- Our annual Careers Fair has numerous healthcare exhibitors in attendance, helping you to gain employment as a registered nurse on completion of the course.
- Accredited by the Nursing & Midwifery Council (NMC), this course will prepare you to be eligible to register and practice as a registered (adult) nurse and to graduate with a BSc (Hons) Adult Nursing award.
When you finish your course, you'll have the practical skills and knowledge you need to work in various organisations, such as within the NHS, in both hospital and community settings, or in the private/independent healthcare sector, for example in nursing homes or private hospitals.
Funding support: All nursing students on courses may be eligible for a non-repayable government training grant of at least £5,000 a year. Find out more information about the funding. Please note that this funding is not eligible for students on the Foundation Year, however you will be able to access it once you complete the foundation year and move onto the degree.
Find out more information about the funding: https://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/nhs-learning-support-fund.
Foundation Year: We have a Foundation Year option for UK students who do not meet the entry requirements for the degree course. This additional year of study will give you a grounding in the scientific skills needed to prepare you for the Adult Nursing degree, building your confidence, knowledge and skills for further study. After successful completion of the Foundation Year, you will progress to the full degree and begin your Adult Nursing study.
The Foundation Year will be based at the Talbot Campus, Bournemouth. If you wish to study the degree at the Yeovil Campus, you will be able to choose this study location upon completing the foundation year in Bournemouth.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundations for Professional Practice and Research
- Nursing Theory and Application
- Applied Health Care Science
- Communication Skills for Nursing Practice
- Developing Skills for Promoting Health and Wellbeing
- Nursing Practice and Nursing skills
Foundation Year modules:
- Academic Study Skills
- Introduction to Biology
- Introduction to Psychology
- Mathematics in Science
- Foundation Year Project
- Applied Science
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesNursing View 330 other Masters in Nursing in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
For September 2021 and September 2022 entry: 104 - 120 tariff points including a minimum of 2 A-levels or equivalent. BTEC Extended Diploma: DMM.
Foundation Year: 48-72 UCAS tariff points. A combination of academic and experiential learning to be considered on its individual merits.
For September 2021 and September 2022 entry: If English is not your first language you will need IELTS (Academic) 7.0 with a minimum of 6.5 in writing and 7.0 in all other components.
Examples of the qualifications for entry onto Year 1 for Sep 2021 and Sep 2022 entry:
- Chinese Senior High School Graduation Certificate (Huikao) average 80%, or Gaokao 61-71%. Grade depends on the course
- Hong Kong HKDSE Diploma (4,4,3 to 4,4,4 from three subjects). Grade depends on the course
- All India Senior School Certificate Examination (Standard XII) 60-70%
- Italian Esame di Stato with 60-70%. Grade depends on the course
- Titulo de Bachillerato with 6 or 7. Grade depends on the course
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Please check our course website for the latest tuition fees information.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.