- Your studies at the Liberal Arts programme at The University of Exeter will bring together the creative arts, humanities, social sciences, business and other associated subjects, allowing you to select a field of specialisation (your Major), complemented by other subjects, including an ancient or modern language.
- Study alongside the wider university population in subject lectures and seminars and with the support of like-minded Liberal Arts students and staff.
- Benefit from a global perspective, addressing contemporary worldwide issues, and will develop your intellectual capabilities and critical skills.
- Participate in mini conferences, research seminars and societies run by departments and the Students’ Guild around your subject(s) of interest and the student-run Liberal Arts Society.
Develop critical skills, experience, innovative attitudes and cultural intelligence valued by global employers. The Think-Tank module, taken in your second year, gives you direct experience working with employers and external organisations, researching real-life problems. Working in small groups or ‘think tanks’ you will explore a specific social, political or economic issue in the contemporary world.
Enhance your analytical abilities by scrutinising academic research and your problem-solving skills by using this knowledge to help solve the challenge. Working alongside your contemporaries you’ll need to utilise good communication and will deploy oratory skills in the culminating presentation.
We have a dedicated, award-winning Careers Service, with offices at our Streatham Campus, ensuring you have access to careers advisors, mentors and the tools you need to succeed in finding employment in your chosen field on graduation.
We offer the Exeter Award and the Exeter Leaders Award which include employability-related workshops, skills events, volunteering and employment which will contribute to your career decision-making skills and success in the employment market.
- Being Human in the Modern World
- Think Tank
- Employment Experience Abroad
- Liberal Arts Dissertation OR Equivalent Dissertation in Major Subject
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSociology General Studies & Classics Liberal Arts View 160 other Bachelors in General Studies & Classics in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A-Level AAA Dependent on subjects chosen
- IB 36/666 Dependent on subjects chosen
- BTEC DDD Dependent on subjects chosen
- GCSE C or 4 English Language
International20000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20000 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Exeter
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.