Placing significant emphasis on laboratory techniques and scientific communication from writing labs reports, critical evaluation of scientific data and solving research problems, this biomedical science course provides essential skills required for a wide range of scientific careers.
The Biomedical Science (Hons) course from University of South Wales is an ideal choice if you are interested in the scientific basis of how the human body normally functions, how pathological changes can result in disease and how these diseases can be treated.
This BSc (Hons) Biomedical Science degree provides the scientific basis for a career in a range of fields, including biomedical research, teaching, and biotechnology industries, as well as postgraduate study (e.g. MSc or PhD). Graduates may also choose to progress to careers in healthcare, for example, as Physicians Associates or working in Public Health.
The Glyntaff campus provides a range of modern laboratory facilities including
- Category II microbiology labs for the growth and analysis of micro-organisms
- Molecular analysis labs for advanced DNA analysis and sequencing
- Tissue culture facilities for the growth of cells
- Biology labs with a wide range of anatomical models and microscopes
- Clinical Skills room with state of the art simulation mannequins for applied physiology teaching.
- Coagulation laboratory for the analysis of blood clotting
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biomedicine Biology View 947 other Bachelors in Biology in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Typical A-Level Offer:
- BCC - CDD to include Biology and one other Science such as Chemistry or Physics but to exclude General Studies (this is equivalent to 104-80 UCAS tariff points)..
Typical Welsh BACC Offer
- Pass the Advanced Welsh Baccalaureate Diploma with Grade C/D in the Skills Challenge Certificate and BC - CD at A Level to include Biology and one other Science such as Chemistry or Physics but to exclude General Studies (this is equivalent to 104-80 UCAS tariff points).
- Applicants taking Science A levels in England will need to pass the practical element alongside achieving the requested grade(s)
- BTEC Extended Diploma Distinction Merit Merit - Merit Merit Pass in a relevant subject which must include Biology modules (this is equivalent to 112-80 UCAS tariff points).
National9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 GBP per year during 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.