The Development Economics programme from Makerere University lays a strong foundation for policy makers, planners, researchers as well as development practitioners.
Graduates from the School of Economics are among the most competitive business professionals on the market, prepared for leadership roles in Economic Theory, Banking, Economic Policy, Economic Analysis and Management.
- Principles of Development Economics
- Organisational Theory and Management
- Refugees and Disaster Management
- Governance and Development
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Makerere University and/or in Uganda, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Get pay in slips from Stanbic or DFCU bank at the main campus Makerere University where applicable.
- After paying the Fee of USD $ 75 or 172,500 UGX take the bank slip to the main building (Finance Department) for verification where applicable.
- On presentation of the application fee bank slip, pick the application form from Room 316, Level 3, Senate Building.
- Applicants with academic documents prescribed in other languages other than English should be submitted to the School of Languages, Makerere University for translation into English.
- Applicants who obtained qualifications elsewhere other than Uganda should take their secondary school academic documents to Uganda National Examinations Board (UNEB) located in Ntinda for purposes of being equated to Ugandan grades.
International1336 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 668 USD per semester during 36 months.
National890 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 445 USD per semester during 36 months.
- National: 1,703,380 UGX (Uganda Shilling) per semester
- International: 2,555,070 UGX (Uganda Shilling) per semester
Living costs for Kampala
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.