At the end of their studies, the students in the Architecture programme of Universitat Internacional de Catalunya know how to defend their projects in English and communicate with the adequate terminology and vocabulary related to their discipline. For this reason, many subjects are taught in English from the 1st academic year and we also include English for Architecture as a subject in our degree programme.
- The ability to create architectural projects that satisfy both aesthetic and technical requirements. Adequate knowledge of architectural history and theory, as well as of art, technology, and the related areas of social sciences. Knowledge of fine art and the role it plays in architectural concepts. Sufficient knowledge of urban design and applied planning techniques
- The ability to perceive and understand the relationships between people and buildings, between buildings and their surroundings, as well as the need to link buildings to the spaces around them, depending on requirements and human scale. The ability to understand the architect's profession and its function in society, particularly in terms of becoming involved in projects which take social factors into account
- Knowledge of research methods and construction project preparation. Knowledge of the potential problems in structural design, construction, and engineering involved in construction projects
- Sufficient knowledge of physical problems and various technological tools, as well as the different functions of different buildings, and the ways they are endowed with internal structures or features which provide comfort and protection from climate related factors. Ability to plan in order to satisfy the demands of the building’s users in a way that respects the limits imposed by planning budgets and building regulations
- Sufficient knowledge of the industries, organisations, regulations and procedures relevant to launching construction projects, and incorporating designs into project planning
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Architectural Drawing
- Computational Design
- History of Art and Architecture
- Design Studio
- Introduction to Architectural Construction
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Complete the online application for admission
- Submit the documents required to sit an entrance exam
- Applicants without degrees or diplomas must take the UIC Barcelona general entrance exam according to their background
- Candidates with degrees or diplomas must submit academic records and credentials or attend a personal interview.
- Processing fees
- Course reservation and enrolment
- Level of Spanish language proficiency
International10200 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10200 EUR per year during 60 months.
EU/EEA10200 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10200 EUR per year during 60 months.
Living costs for Barcelona
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.