About this Early Childhood Education Degree at Saskatchewan Polytechnic
As an early childhood educator, you will support children as they learn through play. Your role will be to create developmentally appropriate curriculum and design inviting and effective quality learning environments. You will learn how to develop holistic programs that include early literacy and language, creative arts, numeracy, and open-ended play experiences both indoors and outdoors. Your responsibilities will include working alongside your colleagues to build relationships with children and families, community partners and other professionals.
It is a highly respected program that integrates the most current research on early childhood education. Topics of study will include:
- observation, assessment and documentation
- learning through play
- children with diverse abilities
- child guidance techniques
- family and community relationships
- play environments and program planning
- programming for infants, toddlers, pre-school and school-age children
- administration and child care regulations
- communication and employability skills
- Dynamics of Play
- Health, Safety and Nutrition
- Growth and Development of Young Children
- Child Guidance
- Curriculum Design in Early Childhood Education
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Early Childhood Education View 73 other Bachelors in Early Childhood Education in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Grade 12 with English Language Arts A30 and English Language Arts B30
- English Language Requirement
- Accepted applicants are required to provide evidence of a Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Check prior to entering required coursework with children. At the discretion of the practicum agency, you may be declined access to a clinical or work placement based on the contents of the Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Check. If you do not complete the practicum, you will not graduate from the program. The cost of the Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Check is your responsibility.
International14000 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14000 CAD per year during 24 months.
National6290 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6290 CAD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Saskatoon
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.