Train for a career managing personal health information and interpreting data to assist with patient care, research, education and resource allocation through action-based learning in computers and healthcare essentials.
Personal health information about Canadians is being collected, recorded, reviewed, and transmitted every day. Informed decisions affecting health services can only be achieved with the best information available.
The role of health information management goes beyond managing health records to managing the information contained in those records. Using computer skills and knowledge of healthcare fundamentals, critical medical information is translated from patient health records into data following national data standards.
The Health Information Management professional then interprets the data to provide comprehensive quality information for patient care, resource allocation, statistics, research, planning and education.
Health Information Management Graduates from Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT) can pursue job opportunities as a(n):
- health record administrator
- release of information specialist
- access and disclosure specialist
- Anatomy and Applied Terminology
- Data Classification
- Digital Productivity Applications
- Health Information Law
- Health Information Management
- 27 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications are accepted until the program start date but are subject to change.
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Administration Health Sciences View 176 other Bachelors in Public Health in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- At least 60% in Math 30-1, Math 30-2, Pure Math 30 or Applied Math 30, and,
- At least 60% in English Language Arts 30-1 or English Language Arts 30-2, and,
- At least 60% in Biology 30
- All applicants to SAIT must demonstrate English Language Proficiency prior to admission, including students educated in Canada.
- SAIT accepts high school course equivalents for admission. If you don't meet the requirements, consider Academic Upgrading.
- SAIT evaluates international documents for admissions. After you've applied, consider our international document assessment service if your education is from outside of Canada.
International17166 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17166 CAD per year during 27 months.
National4848 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4848 CAD per year during 27 months.
- National: $5,951
- International: $16,996
Living costs for Calgary
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.