Learn all aspects of the upstream petroleum industry, including exploration and economic analysis, to prepare for a career in areas like gas process engineering and facilities design.
This Applied Technology Petroleum Engineering degree from Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT) does not currently provide graduates with the requirements to register as a professional engineer. The program is designed to provide in-depth applicable training allowing graduates to function as highly skilled members of an engineering team working in one of the areas outlined above.
After successfully completing the program, graduates will receive a SAIT Bachelor of Applied Technology Engineering degree.
Graduates can pursue job opportunities in:
- oil and gas exploration
- reservoir and production engineering
- gas process engineering
- upgrading and refining operations
- Fluid Phase Behaviour
- Industrial Communications
- Petroleum Economics
- Petroleum Geology
- Production Operations Engineering
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply before , International
Applications are accepted until the program start date but are subject to change.
DisciplinesGeology General Engineering & Technology Mining, Oil & Gas View 16 other Bachelors in Mining, Oil & Gas in Canada
- A two-year SAIT diploma in Petroleum Engineering Technology, Chemical Engineering Technology, Mechanical Engineering Technology, Instrumentation Engineering Technology, Civil Engineering Technology, Electrical Engineering Technology, or similar engineering technology, with a grade point average of 2.5 or better is the normal entrance requirement.
- University graduates holding relevant science (mathematics, physics, chemistry, geology, or geophysics) or engineering degrees are accepted. Additional courses may be required before starting the program.
- A transcript of marks for all post-secondary courses or programs is required for all applicants and must be submitted to the Office of the Registrar at the time of application. Foreign documents need to be assessed by either World Education Services (WES) or SAIT’s International Document Assessment.
International22089 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22089 CAD per year during 24 months.
National6342 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6342 CAD per year during 24 months.
- Year 4 $1,690
- Year 4 $6,412
Living costs for Calgary
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.