Through assessment, planning, and delivery of programs, you will help people lead more fulfilling and independent lives. This specific training will prepare you for a career in clinical and community-based settings.
All classes are available onsite or online, and are recorded for future playback.
Your Future Career
- Long-term care facilities
- Municipal recreation centres
- Social service agencies
- Children's treatment centres
- Centres for addiction and mental health
What You Learn while studying the Recreation Therapy program at Canadore College
- Program design
- Assessment and documentation
- Leisure education and counselling
- Facilitation techniques
- Adaptive and inclusive recreation
- Outdoor and adventure recreation
- Foundations of Therapeutic Recreation
- Recreation Essentials
- Aging and Therapeutic Recreation
- Therapeutic Recreation and Mental Health
- Adaptive and Inclusive Recreation
- Program Design in Therapeutic Recreation
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysiotherapy Health Sciences Kinesiology View 280 other Bachelors in Health Sciences in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- OSSD or equivalent, ENG4C or ENG4U
- If English is not your first language you must provide proof of English competency.
International13179 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13179 CAD per year during 24 months.
National2720 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2720 CAD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for North Bay
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.