Learning outcomes of the Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics program at the University of Sharjah include:
- Demonstrate awareness for the social and cultural sensitivity of the Emirate's needs within its Islamic values and advancement.
- Establish broad understanding of the importance of economic, environmental and cultural issues influencing food choice and nutritional status.
- Possess strong foundation in health and food science.
- Acquire a broad knowledge base and skills in nutritional sciences and nutrition education.
- Integrate and acquire training and knowledge from fields relevant to food and nutrition sciences; food technology, food psychology and sociology, and health promotion and nutrition.
- Develop a range of skills including knowledge of information technology, food analysis, independent learning, critical thinking and verbal and non-verbal communication.
- Design an effective evidence-based nutrition care plan for individual clients or patients.
- Demonstrate leadership to provide effective and efficient nutritional care to clients based on latest knowledge and changing needs to the community.
- Apply the principles of nutrition and dietetics in the maintenance of health and prevention of disease in groups and individuals.
- Act responsibly toward clients, self, colleagues, and the community.
- Integrate recent developments through research in the field of clinical nutrition.
- Adhere to the ethical and social issues important to nutritional services.
Graduates from the Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics are absorbed in popular careers that include hospitals, primary health care facilities, medical centers and clinics; food industry, food catering, and nutraceutical companies; educational institutions, research centers, media centers; social welfare organizations; and wellness clinics in public and private sectors.
- Health Education and Health Promotion
- Macro and Micro Nutrients
- Principles of Food Science
- Food Psychology and Sociology
- Food Microbiology
- Nutrition Assessment
- Diet Planning and Disease
- Food Service Management
- Sports Nutrition
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics Health Sciences Food Sciences
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Copy of student passport (valid).
- Copy of UAE National Family Registry for local students.
- Copy of residence visa for non-local students (valid).
- Certified copy of Secondary School Certificate or its equivalent.
- Four recent passport-size colored photographs.
- Health Fitness Certificate. The test must be done in University Hospital or university's clinic or any governmental authority in the UAE.
- Copy of Good Conduct Certificate (valid).
- Copy of Birth Certificate.
- Copy of UAE National Identity Card (valid).
- AED 360 cash application fees (Non-refundable).
- An English Language Proficiency Certificate (TOEFL, IELTS, PTE or EmSAT); (The student must hand the original English Language Proficiency Certificate for Majors that require it before the course registration period).
International12075 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12075 EUR per year during 48 months.
National12075 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12075 EUR per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Sharjah
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.