As part of the program for the Bachelor of Science in Chemical and Water Desalination Engineering at the University of Sharjah, the student is required to study 9 credit hours of technical elective courses. These courses allow the student to focus on a specific area for in-depth knowledge and understanding.
The student can also mix and match elective courses from different areas to get more general exposure to the different Chemical and Water Desalination Engineering disciplines. The student should select, in cooperation with the academic advisor, the list of electives that best meet his or her needs and aspirations. It is highly recommended that the student registers for these courses after completing the program requirements.
- Renewable Energy Desalination
- Hybrid Desalination Processes
- Modeling & Simulation of Multi-Stage Flash Desalination
- Membrane Distillation
- Pressure Retarded Osmoses (PRO) Membranes
- Nanotechnology for Water Treatments and Desalination
- Nuclear Desalination
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesChemical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 7 other Bachelors in Chemical Engineering in United Arab Emirates
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Copy of student passport (valid).
- Copy of UAE National Family Registry for local students.
- Copy of residence visa for non-local students (valid).
- Certified copy of Secondary School Certificate or its equivalent.
- Four recent passport-size colored photographs.
- Health Fitness Certificate. The test must be done in University Hospital or university's clinic or any governmental authority in the UAE.
- Copy of Good Conduct Certificate (valid).
- Copy of Birth Certificate.
- Copy of UAE National Identity Card (valid).
- AED 360 cash application fees (Non-refundable).
- An English Language Proficiency Certificate (TOEFL, IELTS, PTE or EmSAT), (Student must hand the original English Language Proficiency Certificate for Majors that requires it before the course registration period).
International13493 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13493 EUR per year during 48 months.
National13493 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13493 EUR per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Sharjah
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.