Our Theology degree at Charles Sturt University fosters the search for meaning and spiritual depth in the context of cultural and religious pluralism in contemporary Australia. Connect history with emerging practice, learn about the ways in which God speaks, explore ways the Church has spoken about God, reflect carefully on your own speech about God, and combine theory with practice in communicating God's care for the world in your own contexts.
You'll be introduced to four main sub-disciplines of theology: Biblical studies, church history, systematic and practical theology subjects. You'll also have the opportunity to choose elective subjects within these disciplines to tailor your studies to meet your interests.
To enable you to pursue ordination or other forms of ministry, the course is offered in conjunction with St Mark's National Theological Centre in Canberra, the United Theological College in Sydney, St Francis' Theological College in Brisbane, St Barnabas' College in Adelaide and Ming Hua Theological College, Hong Kong. Study support is readily available throughout your exploration of theology.
You can choose to study solely theology subjects or integrate your study with another area of interest to explore your faith and beliefs as well as those of other traditions. Choosing subjects that are vocationally oriented, ecumenically sensitive and integrated with practical experience will help you pursue ordination or professional ministry.
- This theology degree can lead to ordained ministry in either the Anglican or Uniting Church, or chaplaincy in a variety of institutional settings, such as schools, military, prisons, police, ambulance, hospital, trade and industry.
- Work in the social welfare arms of charities and the church, including overseas development aid, communication functions and pastoral care.
- The generalist skills and specialist vocational training provided by this course are also transferable to many other fields where you work closely with individuals and communities, including education and counselling.
- New Testament Greek
- Old Testament Studies
- Being the Church
- Christian Worship
- Early Church History
- The European Reformations
- Jesus the Christ
- Christian Ministry
- Mission, Evangelism and Apologetics
- New Religious Movements and Alternative Spiritualities
- Interfaith Dialogue
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPhilosophy & Ethics Religious Studies & Theology Christian Studies View 51 other Bachelors in Philosophy & Ethics in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Charles Sturt University and/or in Australia, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
CRICOS code: 022012C
Australian citizens, permanent residents of Australia, or New Zealand citizens:
- an ATAR of 60 or higher; or
- successful study at university level (minimum two subjects); or
- TAFE Cert III or higher VET qualification or equivalent industry qualifications; or
- successful completion of TAFE Tertiary Preparation Certificate (TPC) or a bridging program; or
- Special Tertiary Admissions Test (STAT) with an equivalent ranking to the currently listed ATAR; or
- relevant industry experience of at least two years - this may include, but is not limited to, Church or NGO-type ministry, nursing or related healthcare professions ("the caring professions"), and school teaching at any level; or
- partial completion of TAFE Diploma level study (minimum 50 per cent).
International20800 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20800 AUD per year during 36 months.
National14624 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14624 AUD per year during 36 months.
- Domestic students: Commonwealth supported place
Living costs for Canberra
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.