Whichever study method suits you, you will receive the same level of tutor support whether studying remotely or in person, and will be taught by practitioners and teaching staff with research-informed expertise.You can also choose the pace of study, with three, four and five year routes available - ideal if you cannot commit to a full-time university education.
Why choose this course?
- An internationally recognised degree, offering you flexibility to personalise your studies in the way that best suits your needs.
- Study wholly online, with the option to attend face-to-face teaching weekends, or join these sessions online through our digitally extended classroom.
- Regardless of your preferred study method, all students will receive the same high level of tutor support, and you can access NTU’s on-campus support facilities if required.
- You will be joining a practice and skills focussed course, taught by practitioners.
- You may be able to gain practical experience via virtual internships, within our own teaching law firm, the Legal Advice Centre.
Careers and employability
If you complete your Law (Distance Learning) (Hons) with Nottingham Trent University and you are interested in a career as a solicitor or barrister, then there is an opportunity for you to continue your studies and progress on to our suite of professional courses.
A Law degree is highly valued and provides a solid foundation for a variety of careers, in areas including finance, commerce and the public sector.
Work experience is a valuable addition to both your education and CV in today's competitive job market. You'll gain vital real-life skills that will make you stand out from the crowd and enhance your employability.
- Law of Contract and Problem Solving
- Legal and Professional Environment
- Law of Torts and Legal Reasoning
- Public Law and Research Skills
- International, European and Comparative Law and Group Presentation Skills
- Land Law and Professional Advice
- Criminal Law with Mooting Skills
- Law of Trusts and Advanced Legal Reasoning
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Law Civil & Private Law Legal Studies View 13 other Bachelors in Civil & Private Law in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Nottingham Trent University and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- five GCE / GCSE passes and two at A-level standard
- four GCE / GCSE passes and three at A-level standard
- BTEC National / Higher Certificate or Diploma
- an appropriate Access course qualification
- an appropriate Professional qualification
- a degree in another discipline.
International15600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15600 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.