Pharmacology is the study of drugs and how they affect living systems. Using specialist facilities, you'll deepen your chemistry and biology knowledge as you study how drugs – such as painkillers, antibiotics and even caffeine – alter the body.
You'll set yourself for a fulfilling career working in an industry that improves the lives of millions of people. You could work in areas such as new drug development, medical writing, regulatory affairs and pharmaceutical marketing.
Careers and opportunities after (Hons) Pharmacology degree at University of Portsmouth
From the medicines in your bathroom cabinet to the drug combinations used to treat cancer, the work of pharmacologists plays a crucial role in society. So there's always demand for pharmacology graduates.What can you do with a pharmacology degree?With your degree in pharmacology, you could start a career in any part of the pharmaceutical industry, including:
- drug development and testing
- medical writing
- marketing and sales
- regulatory affairs
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Biomedical Toolbox – 20 credits
- Immunology, Inflammatory Diseases & Infective Organisms – 20 credits
- Neuroscience, Endocrine and Gastrointestinal Pharmacology – 20 credits
- Pharmacokinetics & Data Analysis – 20 credits
- Pharmacology Tutorials Level 5– 0 credits
- Respiratory, Renal & Cardiovascular Pharmacology – 20 credits
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPharmacology View 72 other Bachelors in Pharmacology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A levels – ABB–BBC
- UCAS points – 112-128 from A levels, or equivalent, to include Biology plus a second Science subject or Mathematics. For A levels which include a separate science practical component, a pass is desirable and may strengthen an application (calculate your UCAS points)
- BTECs (Extended Diplomas) – DDD–DDM
- International Baccalaureate – 31
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International18300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18300 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Portsmouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.