But it's not just elite sportspeople who will benefit from your knowledge and skills. Become a passionate advocate for the essential role sports science plays in society as you uncover ways everyone can use physical activity to boost their health and wellbeing.
Careers and opportunities
In today's health-conscious world, the sports and health industries continue to expand. Sport and exercise scientists have a vital role in keeping sportspeople, athletes and the general population in peak physical health.What jobs can you do with a sport and exercise degree?Roles our graduates of Sport and Exercise Science (Hons) degree at University of Portsmouth have gone onto include:
- PE teacher
- personal trainer
- clinical physiologist
- NVQ coordinator
- sports development officer
- sports and exercise scientist
- sports therapist and physiotherapist
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Exercise Physiology – 20 credits
- Biomechanics of Sport and Exercise – 20 credits
- Preparing Research, Innovation or Enterprise Projects – 20 credits
- Psychology of Sport and Exercise – 20 credits
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSports Sciences Kinesiology View 542 other Bachelors in Sports Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A levels – AAB–ABB
- UCAS points – 128–136 points to include a minimum of 2 A levels, or equivalent, with 32 points from a Science subject (Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, PE, Physics, Psychology or Sports Science and the Active Leisure Industry or Sports Studies) (calculate your UCAS points)
- BTECs (Extended Diplomas) – DDM–DDD
- International Baccalaureate – 26–27
- T levels – Merit–Distinction
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16200 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Portsmouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.