Biological Sciences encompasses many aspects of the biosciences, from molecular biology through to whole organisms and ecosystems, and includes exploration of:• Biological diversity, systematics and conservation• Cell and tissue structure, function and physiology• Ecology and behaviour• Form and function of microorganisms, protists, fungi, plants and animals• Genetics and mechanisms and pathways of evolution
Programmes with Professional studies undertake a 46 week work placement between stage 2 and 3
During the final year project students will have access to cutting-edge research facilities across the molecular and ecological disciplines. Additional skills achieved include: Collation, quantitative analysis and interpretation of experimental data, including problem-solving; communication and application of knowledge; the use of computers for data management and presentations, and the development of intellectual, personal and team skills for employment and further study
A degree in biosciences opens the door to a wide range of careers. Our graduates are employed in organisations working within research and development, environmental monitoring and management, water quality management, animal welfare, academic research, the agri-food industries, biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries, teaching and education, and science communication. Employment in these areas is critical to address global problems such as climate change, food supply and security, biodiversity loss, antibiotic resistance, and global health issues.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Molecular Biology and Bioinformatics
- Coastal and Oceanic Biology
- Applied Ecology
- Animal Biology and Physiology
- Microorganisms in Action
- Applied Genetics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- 26 January - the 'equal consideration' deadline for this course.
DisciplinesBiology Molecular Sciences Genetics View 427 other Bachelors in Genetics in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
A level requirements
- BBB including Biology and at least one from Chemistry (preferred), Geography, Mathematics or Physics + GCSE Chemistry grade C/4 or GCSE Double Award Science grades CC/4,4 + GCSE Mathematics grade C/4
- BBB including Double Award Applied Science or Double Award Life & Health Sciences + GCSE Biology and Chemistry grade C/4 or GCSE Double Award Science grades CC/4,4 + GCSE Mathematics grade C/4
- ABB including Biology + GCSE Chemistry grade C/4 or GCSE Double Award Science grades CC/4,4 + GCSE Mathematics grade C/4.
- H3H3H3H3H4H4/H3H3H3H3H3 including Higher Level grade H3 in Biology and at least one from Chemistry (preferred), Geography, Mathematics or Physics + if not offered at Higher Level then Ordinary Level grade O4 in Chemistry and Mathematics
- H3H3H3H3H3H3/H2H3H3H3H3 including Higher Level grade H3 in Biology + Ordinary Level grade O4 in Chemistry and Mathematics.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International21400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21400 GBP per year during 48 months.
National4530 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4530 GBP per year during 48 months.
- Northern Ireland (NI) £4,530
- Republic of Ireland (ROI) £4,530
- England, Scotland or Wales (GB) £9,250
- EU Other £21,400
- International £21,400
Living costs for Belfast
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.