An event planning career is full of variety, with opportunities to work in a company, launch a small business, or contract to agencies or organizations seeking this important skill set. It’s a detail-oriented career, where you can apply your organizational and problem-solving skills as a certified special events professional.
Develop skills for the exciting and growing industry of special events. Event management skills are needed in a wide range of sectors: tourism, recreation, arts and culture, sports, fundraising, corporate marketing, non-profit organizations, and more.
The Event Management program from Vancouver Island University prepares graduates with the skills and knowledge needed to plan and manage festivals and events, with an emphasis on the tourism and recreation sector. It provides an opportunity to acquire the necessary knowledge and skills to work in event management, as well as providing professional development and credentialing for those already working in this field.
Graduates of the Event Management Certificate program will possess the skills required by the event management industry, applicable to event planning and management in public, corporate, and non-profit sectors.
Employment opportunities include organizing and planning conferences and conventions, sports and recreation events, tourism events, festivals, arts and culture events, and corporate events. Graduates may become self-employed as contractors, or they may be hired by charitable organizations, trade and professional associations, convention and conference centres, governments, or conference and event planning companies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Celebrating Community and Culture
- Event Volunteer Management
- Event Law and Risk Management
- Event Marketing
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesManagement Studies Event Management Tourism & Leisure View 3 other Bachelors in Event Management in Canada
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Vancouver Island University and/or in Canada, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- graduation from a BC secondary school, or equivalent, with a minimum “C” grade in either English Studies 12 or English First Peoples 12;
- previous degree from a recognized university;
- visiting student from a college or university (a “Letter of Permission” from the home institution is required);
- a transfer student from a college or university (at least 24 transferable university-level credits completed);
- academic mature student category: 21 years of age (or will turn 21 during their first semester) and has a minimum “C” grade in either English Studies 12 or English First Peoples 12.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International19227 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19227 CAD per year during 12 months.
National2878 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2878 CAD per year during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.