The Zoology course from University of Sheffield is about animals, their evolution and their interactions with each other, the environment and biodiversity conservation. It spans microbes, invertebrates, birds, fish, mammals and humans.
You’ll learn how they evolved, how their physiology works, how they behave and how they respond to global change.
- You’ll discover how their biodiversity is maintained and lost, and use this knowledge to help address important issues such as tropical wildlife conservation, disease outbreaks and maintaining functioning ecosystems.
- The first three years of your course will have the same structure as the BSc, with your fourth year devoted to a major research project in the field or in the lab, focused on everything from genetics to biodiversity and climate change, you’ll work alongside our world-leading zoologist academics.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Principles of Zoology
- Animal Behaviour
- Principles of Evolution
- Animal Diversity
- Animal Diversity Practicals
- Animal and Plant Science Tutorials
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Animal Sciences View 211 other Bachelors in Animal Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Levels + additional qualifications | AAB, including Biology and a second science + B in the EPQ; AAB, including Biology and a second science + B in Core Maths
- International Baccalaureate | 36, with 6 in Higher Level Biology and a second science
- BTEC | DD in Applied Science (with Distinctions in all Biology units if not offered at A Level) + A in an A Level science subject
- Scottish Highers + 1 Advanced Higher | AAAAB including a science subject + A in Biology
- Welsh Baccalaureate + 2 A Levels | A + AA in Biology and a second science
- Access to HE Diploma | 60 credits overall in science, with 45 credits at Level 3, including 39 credits at Distinction (to include Biology and a second science) and 6 credits at Merit. Applicants are considered individually
- Mature students - explore other routes for mature students
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International24450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24450 GBP per year during 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Sheffield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.