Learn about power systems, power electronics, digital electronics, circuits and devices, electrical machines and drives. Your study will cover theoretical and practical aspects across the range of electronic and electrical engineering.
In the Electrical and Electronic Engineering with a Foundation Year programme from University of Sheffield you'll choose optional modules from an extensive range covering many aspects of electrical and electronic engineering and communications, depending on your interests.
- All our first-year students take part in the faculty's Global Engineering Challenge, working with students from other engineering disciplines to solve a real-world problem.
- All second years get to work on a week-long project devised by one of our industry partners.
- You'll also get the chance to work with an engineering company through the Sheffield Industrial Project Scheme.
Accredited by the Institution of Engineering and Technology on behalf of the Engineering Council for the purposes of fully meeting the academic requirement for registration as a Chartered Engineer.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Core Foundation Mathematics
- Further Foundation Mathematics
- Foundations of Physics
- Foundations of Physics with Computing
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Electronics & Embedded Technology View 397 other Bachelors in Electrical Engineering in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- International Baccalaureate | 32 with (no STEM at HL); 32 with HL5/SL7 in Maths or Science; 31 with HL5/SL7 in Maths and a science
- BTEC | DDD in Engineering or Applied Science + GCSE 6/B in Science and 7/A in Maths or AS/A Level Maths grade C/D + successful completion of a Maths test
- Scottish Highers | AABBB any subjects (no STEM at Higher Level) + grade 6/B GCSE Science + Grade 7/A GCSE Maths + successful completion of a Maths test; AABBB, including Maths + 6/B GCSE Science; AABBB in a science + 6/B in GCSE Maths; ABBBB, including Maths and a science
- Welsh Baccalaureate + 2 A Levels | B + BB any subjects (no STEM at A Level) + 6/B in GCSE Science and 7/A in GCSE Maths + successful completion of a Maths test; B + BB, including Maths + 6/B in GCSE Science; B + BB, including a science + 6/B in GCSE Maths; B + BC, including Maths and a science
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International25670 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25670 GBP per year during 60 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 60 months.
Living costs for Sheffield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.