You'll learn the value of evidence-based dentistry and how to apply it to clinical practice.
We believe in training the whole dental team together, so you'll learn with Dental Hygiene and Dental Therapy students in a way that prepares you for practice.
- Throughout the Dental Surgery course from University of Sheffield we aim to teach you theory alongside clinical practice so you'll develop an understanding of dental science and its clinical application. You'll learn the value of evidence-based dentistry and how to apply it to clinical practice.
- We invest to create the right environment for you. That means outstanding facilities, study spaces and support, including 24/7 online access to our online library service.
The General Dental Council quality assures and approves qualifications for registration, for the following registrant groups: Dentists; dental hygienists; dental therapists; dental nurses; clinical dental technicians; dental technicians; and orthodontic therapists.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Integrated Human Disease
- Intermediate Oral and Dental Care
- Dental Surgery
- Basic Oral and Dental Care
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Dentistry View 527 other Bachelors in Human Medicine in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Levels + additional qualifications | AAB, including AA in Chemistry and Biology/Human Biology and B in a third subject + B in EPQ. The EPQ must be in a Dentistry-related subject. The EPQ and A Levels must be taken in the one sitting to receive the alternative offer
- International Baccalaureate | 36, 6 in Higher Level Chemistry and Biology
- BTEC | D*DD in Science, including Distinctions in Chemistry and Biology units
- Scottish Highers + 1 Advanced Higher | AAAAB, including Biology + Advanced Higher Chemistry at grade A or AAAAB, including Chemistry + Advanced Higher Biology at grade A
- Welsh Baccalaureate + 2 A Levels | A + AA, including Chemistry and Biology
- Access to HE Diploma | 60 credits overall with 45 credits at level 3 to include 39 at Distinction in Chemistry and Biology + 6 credits at Merit
International42770 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 42770 GBP per year during 60 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 60 months.
Students studying BDS Dental Surgery on the University of Sheffield International College (USIC) route are also required to pay an additional clinical placement fee which is incorporated into the tuition fee for years two to five.
Living costs for Sheffield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.