From power generation and distribution systems to modern processing and manufacturing plants, there’s an array of complex technologies that rely on computer systems developed and designed by electronic and computer engineers.
In this Electronic and Computer Systems Engineering (Hons) course from London South Bank University students will explore a wide range of computer hardware and software engineering, electronics, digital systems, embedded systems, computer and network design, artificial intelligence, security, IoT and software development for a variety of fields in today's fast-changing marketplace including modern programming languages and software tools – you’ll cover it all.
With computers now an essential part of our lives, the demand and opportunities for those who can design computer hardware and develop software applications, manage and service computer systems is only going to continue to grow. Our societies and utilities are driven and controlled by electronic and computer-based systems that could not function without large, professional hardware and software systems - put simply the world cannot function without computers.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Engineering mathematics and modelling
- Electronic Principles
- Design and Practice
- Electrical Circuit Analysis
- Object Oriented Programming C++
- Digital Logic Design
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Electronics & Embedded Technology Computer Sciences View 1043 other Bachelors in Computer Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Level BBB including Mathematics and/or Physical Sciences (120 UCAS points) or;
- BTEC National Diploma DDM, including Level 3 Mathematics (128 UCAS points) or;
- EAL Technical Extended Diploma in Engineering Technologies, D, including Further Engineering Mathematics; Electronic and Computer Principles and other options relevant to Electronics and Computer Engineering or;
- Access to HE qualifications with distinctions in 24 credits and merits in 21 credits, with at least 3 distinctions in Mathematics and 3 merits in Physical Science subjects (D24 + M21 totalling to 122 UCAS points) or;
- Equivalent level 3 qualifications worth 120 UCAS points and including Mathematics
- Applicants must hold 5 GCSEs A-C including Maths and English or equivalent (reformed GCSEs grade 4 or above)
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15400 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
- INT: £11550
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
International undergraduate and postgraduate students scholarships:
- International Scholarships
- LSBU is offering scholarships and discounts to hundreds of students via our International Scholarships International Merit Scholarships
- We offer students pursuing undergraduate or postgraduate taught programmes with outstanding academic profiles a fee reduction of up to £4,000 on each full academic year's tuition fees.
- LSBU Loyalty Award
- We offer postgraduate Tuition Fee discounts for LSBU graduates progressing directly onto a postgraduate course and eligible alumni.
- ONCAMPUS London South Bank Merit Scholarship
- 25% fee reduction to ONCAMPUS London South Bank students progressing to university degree programmes.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.