This Creative Writing and Journalism (Hons) programme from Middlesex University Dubai is ideal if you want to improve your skills as a writer and develop a theoretical foundation of best writing practices. You’ll study all forms of writing, both fiction and non-fiction, as well as drama and screenwriting. You’ll also take an in-depth look at the way journalism and various other writing industries are growing and changing.
Learning to communicate effectively, you’ll learn creative writing skills such as narrative, character, developing dialogue, creating conflict, along with essential journalism skills such as investigative writing and research.
Later in the course, you’ll undertake a work placement in order to put your new skills to practice in a work environment. Previously, we have placed our students with some of the most prestigious media outlets in the UAE and beyond.
Future Careers and Employability
Graduates will be well prepared to go on to careers in creative writing and/or journalism, and across a wide range of industries wherever good writing and critical thinking are valued. The course is also particularly useful in areas where work on analysing and producing language is central. This could include roles in: screenwriting, playwriting, copywriting, advertising, website management, PR, marketing, branding, and journalism. Students are also able to use the skills they’ve developed to work on their own short stories and/or novels.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Journalism Skills
- What is Journalism?
- Character, Conflict and Dialogue
- Writing Creatively
- Multimodal Journalism
- Political Communication
- Arts, Lifestyle and Sports Journalism
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesCreative Writing Literature Journalism View 3 other Bachelors in Creative Writing in United Arab Emirates
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Minimum two, maximum three subjects, with grades of B,B,C (three subjects) or with A*, A* (two subjects)
- You must have passed the full IB Diploma. In some cases applicants will also need to have studied certain subjects at Standard or Higher Level.
- Students who have completed their GCSEs are eligible to join our International Foundation Programme – a one year programme to prepare students for entry onto our Undergraduate Programmes. Please note that students must meet the British AS and A Level entry requirements in order to gain entry into the First Year of any one of our Undergraduate Programmes.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International12528 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37584 EUR for the full programme during 36 months.
National12528 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37584 EUR for the full programme during 36 months.
Living costs for Dubai
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.