They master the technological aspects of virtual, augmented or mixed reality as well as the creative and conceptual production of content and develop an understanding of the ethical and social dimensions of this new medium.
Fields of practice. How will this degree at Darmstadt University of Applied Sciences support me professionally?
The Expanded Realities prospects are diverse and promising as more and more sectors are working with Expanded Realities, including media and entertainment, but also industry and academia. Typical professions and work areas are:
- Direction and production of applications and products in the field of Expanded Reality
- Conception and development of technologies and applications in the field of ER
- Interaction and experience design, as well as 3-D world-building & ER storytelling
- Marketing of relevant media products
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Essential technical, creative and scientific basics are taught in the first two semesters.
- From the third semester onwards, the practical workshops take up a central role. Here, students work in teams on increasingly complex practical projects with high-tech equipment, as they will be doing later in their professional lives.
- In the fourth semester the students spend the practical phase in a company.
- Further Expanded Realities workshops are followed by a research project and the bachelor‘s thesis in the seventh semester.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Courses commence in October for the winter term; please prepare for an application deadline in May.
DisciplinesVideo Games & Multimedia Artificial Intelligence View 4 other Bachelors in Video Games & Multimedia in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Applicants should also have a good command of English as the language of instruction is English. Applicants must submit a digital portfolio consisting of three work samples. A central component of the selection process is the aptitude test. This consists of an inte
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 48 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Darmstadt
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.