This Biomedical Sciences (Hons) Including Placement Year course at University of Bath will equip you with the skills and knowledge to be a part of the next generation of biomedical research scientists.
You’ll learn to apply biological sciences to explore human health and the causes, prevention and treatment of diseases such as cancer and Parkinson’s disease. You'll study a broad range of topics including genetics, genomics, human physiology, cancer, pathology, infection and immunity, molecular and cellular biology, biochemistry and pharmacology.
Benefit from multi-departmental teaching
Developed in collaboration with our Department for Health and Department of Pharmacy & Pharmacology, you'll benefit from specialist knowledge of human biology and pharmacology, providing you a more in-depth understanding of biomedical sciences.
In the first two years, you will study a set of core units across all three departments,
This course is accredited by the Royal Society of Biology.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Practical research and academic skills
- Human physiology
- Functional anatomy
- Cell biology
- Human molecular genetics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Only Overseas students are eligible to apply
DisciplinesBiomedicine Microbiology Biochemistry View 158 other Bachelors in Microbiology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Your application, especially your personal statement, should demonstrate your enthusiasm for studying biomedical sciences. This might include relevant reading, voluntary or work experience, areas of interest from your current studies or other relevant extra-curricular and co-curricular activities.
- You will need a strong performance in both Biology and Chemistry as part of your entry qualifications.
- AAA or A*AB in three A levels including A in Biology and A in Chemistry
- International Baccalaureate: 36 points
- DDD in the BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma (RQF).
- Scottish Highers: AA in two Advanced Highers including Biology and Chemistry.
- GCSE Mathematics grade 4 or C; GCSE English Language or Literature grade 4 or C (or equivalent from English language category C)
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International24500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24500 GBP per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Bath
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.