Combine your interests in biology and chemistry by applying chemical knowledge and techniques to study biological processes. You’ll learn what’s happening inside cells, how they communicate with each other, and use this to predict how molecules will interact.
Tailor to your interests
In year one at University of Bath you’ll gain a broad grounding in biosciences to help work out where your interests lie. Then from year two, you'll choose optional units in specific areas, such as developmental biology, genomics, neuroscience, cancer biology and microbiology.
And to keep your options open further, you'll even have the flexibility to switch between our biology and biochemistry courses after the first year.
Gain a Masters in Biochemistry
The Master of Biochemistry (Hons) provides you with the same core skills and knowledge as the BSc but with a greater exposure to research and advanced practical techniques. You’ll study master's-level units and carry out a major research project, giving you ideal preparation for postgraduate study or a career in research.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Practical research and academic skills
- Cell biology
- biological chemistry and general chemistry
- Proteins: purification and characterisation
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Bioinformatics & Biostatistics Biochemistry View 893 other Bachelors in Biology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Your application, especially your personal statement, should demonstrate your enthusiasm for studying biochemistry. This might include relevant reading, voluntary or work experience, areas of interest from your current studies or other relevant extra-curricular and co-curricular activities.
- You will need a strong performance in both Biology and Chemistry as part of your entry qualifications.
- AAB in three A levels including A in Biology and A in Chemistry
- International Baccalaureate: 36 points
- DDD in the BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma (RQF).
- Scottish Highers: AB in Advanced Highers
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International24500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24500 GBP per year during 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Bath
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.