Films have been vital cultural outputs for over one hundred years. The context in which they are produced and distributed is constantly changing but their importance as documents of our times remains, as does the pleasure they give to audiences across the world and their potential influence on the way those audiences may see the world.
- We are justifiably proud of our excellent record on graduate employment. Our graduates go on to careers in all sectors worldwide. These include the media, industry and commerce, finance, local and central government, administration, translation, interpreting and teaching in schools and universities.
- Many of our students in Film Studies (Hons) BA programme at University of Liverpool also undertake postgraduate study, either in our own department or for example, on a PGCE translation or law conversion course. All students have the opportunity to gain employability skills and work experience and we work closely with Careers & Employability to ensure that the curriculum delivers the skills that graduate employers are looking for.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- India After Gandhi: Culture, Identity and the Nation
- Composition for Film and Television
- German Cinema From the Expressionism to the Present
- Global Hollywood: From Film Art to Media Entertainment
- Immersive Media and Virtual Worlds
- Music in Gaming
- Music in World Cinema
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Film, Photography & Media Music View 599 other Masters in Visual Arts in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A level requirements: ABB (this is the typical entry requirement) for this course.
- BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma: Applications encouraged. We evaluate each BTEC application on its merits.
- International Baccalaureate: 33 with no score less than 4.
- Irish Leaving Certificate: H1, H2, H2, H2, H3, H3
- Scottish Higher/Advanced Higher: Advanced Highers acceptable on same basis as A levels, AABBB/ABB. Combinations are also welcome.
- Welsh Baccalaureate Advanced: Accepted grade A + 2 A Levels grades BB.
International18500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18500 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
- EU: £18,500 per year
Living costs for Liverpool
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.