Electronic & Electrical Engineering is a fascinating field, and one which could make your time at university a challenging, enriching and rewarding experience.
During your studies in the MEng in Electronic and Electrical Engineering from Edinburgh Napier University , you will develop the ability to analyse electronic and electrical engineering systems, designs, processes and products, use computer-aided engineering tools and design techniques, as well as learn how to apply management and business concepts.
In year one the course focuses on learning engineering principles and practices, as well as computing skills and principles of design, relating to a wide range of engineering disciplines.
You will then progress on to further develop knowledge in the principles of the field and engineering management. You will implement practical solutions across a range of applied applications and develop your skills in lateral problem solving and innovative thinking.
In your final year you will work on your MEng dissertation as well as gaining enhanced skills in areas of digital signal processing, communication electronics and distributed power systems.
Career opportunities include:
- Design engineering in electrical/electronic organisations
- Manufacturing process engineering
- Communications industry
- Electrical supply industry
- Engineering analysts
- Building services engineering
- Production engineering and education
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Engineering Skills
- Foundation Mathematics
- Mechanical Principles
- Electrical and Electronic Principles
- Engineering Practice
- Mathematical Methods
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Electronics & Embedded Technology General Engineering & Technology View 399 other Bachelors in Electronics & Embedded Technology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Our entry requirements indicate both Standard and Minimum qualifications with which we normally accept students. Competition for places varies from year to year and you aren't guaranteed a place if you meet the minimum qualifications.
- Standard Entry Requirement
- ABBB including Maths and a Science (excluding Biology) or Technical Subject*
- National 5 Grade C in English.
- Minimum Offer Entry Requirement
- BBBC including Maths and a Science (excluding Biology) or Technical Subject*. Please note that a minimum grade of B must be achieved in each of these required subjects.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16425 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16425 GBP per year during 60 months.
National1820 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1820 GBP per year during 60 months.
- England, Wales, Northern Ireland, and Republic of Ireland: £9,250
- Overseas and EU: £16,425
Living costs for Edinburgh
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.