This BA Fine Art (Hons) from University of Dundee will help you to find your own identity as an artist through the development of core skills and practical techniques.
The course is focused on making and critical thinking, and you can concentrate on a single discipline or work across a number of disciplines and media. Your practical work will support a growing critical and contextual understanding of the theory of art and culture.
Taught by practicing artists of international standing, our academic staff exhibit and publish nationally and internationally. In 2015 Fine Art lecturer Graham Fagen represented Scotland at the Venice Bienniale (one of the most prestigious cultural exhibitions in the world).
Using our large studios, you can explore drawing, painting, time-based art, digital media, sculpture, print, photography, video, sound, performance, installation, and artists' books.
You will also have access to all our world-class workshops, where you can experiment with whichever materials you require, including:
- plaster / bronze / resin casting
- the presentation of artworks
- methods and materials of painting and painting surfaces
- wood block
- 3D printing
- interactive programming
- dedicated edit suites
- sound rooms
- green screen film studio
- digital and analogue darkroom photography
You will have the opportunity to take part in exchanges with partner institutions across the world.
Our graduates have established successful careers as artists, working nationally and internationally, such as Turner Prize winner Susan Philipsz.
Fine Art graduates have developed careers in:
- exhibition curation
- writing and research
- gallery management
- researchers, curators, and theorists
- arts administration and project management
- teaching in all sectors, including community arts and art in health care
Our graduates enter industries that require creative skills and knowledge, including the media, film, and entertainment industries.
- Art & Media Cultures
- Contemporary Practice
- Independent Creative & Professional Practice
- Art, Science and Visual Thinking
- Principles of Visual Effects
- Thinking Photography
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Fine Arts View 787 other Bachelors in Film, Photography & Media in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- As part of your application to study at Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art & Design, you need to submit a digital portfolio. It should consist of one PDF file showing of up to 15 pages of work.
- Advanced Diploma: Grade B (level 2)
- BTEC: A relevant BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma with DDM (level 2)
- European Baccalaureate: 75% overall (level 2)
- GCE-A Level: ABB (level 2)
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma: 34 points (level 2)
- Scottish Baccalaureate: Pass with BB at Advanced Higher (level 2)
- SQA Higher/Advanced Higher: BB at Advanced Higher and BB at Higher (level 2)
- SQA Higher National: A relevant HND with BB in the Graded Units (level 2)
- Welsh Baccalaureate: A-levels in appropriate subjects at AB
International19500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19500 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Dundee
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.