Combining your English and Mathematics in thisThe MA English and Mathematics (Hons) from University of Dundee gives you a very wide range of modules to study that can lead to a diverse range of careers.
You can choose to study English literature from the medieval period right up to the present day, as well as studying both pure and applied mathematics.
In English you can study anything from Shakespeare to science fiction, Romantic poetry to contemporary poetry, creative writing to visual culture, or Victorian novels to Hollywood films.
We start by covering topics such as how to analyze a poem and how to read a novel as a literary critic, moving on to historical surveys of literature. We then explore in more detail many of the periods, movements and topics previously covered.
The modules we offer throughout the degree reflect the diverse research specialisms of our staff, giving you an wide range of choices.
Mathematics is one of the best subjects for developing your analytical skills. This means you will be highly employable and develop a wide range of transferable skills. Scientific developments are possible due to mathematical applications while mathematical models inform decisions in industry, government, and in the financial sector.
Computers are used extensively in modern mathematics. We will introduce you to various mathematical software in a very interactive way while preparing you for industry.
English is an adaptable subject which opens up a flexible range of career options.
A wide-ranging knowledge of the arts, literature, and culture produces well-rounded individuals with a broad frame of reference.
Many of our graduates enter teaching, publishing, journalism, arts administration, library and information services, management, consultancy, the civil service, and the creative industries.
With Mathematics you'll be able to choose from a diverse range of careers in research, industry, science, engineering, commerce, finance and education. Our graduates have entered careers as an Actuary (Deloitte), Software Engineer (Findmypast), Project Manager (Prudential UK), and in the financial sector following career paths in accountancy, banking, the stock market and insurance.
Even if you do not take your mathematics any further than university, employers know that mathematics graduates are intelligent, logical problem solvers, making your career options almost limitless.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Victorian Short Story
- Approaches to Reading
- Computer Algebra and Dynamical Systems
- Modernist to Contemporary Literature, 1901 to the Present day
- Writing Creative Essays
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesMathematics Language Studies Literature View 1397 other Masters in Language Studies in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Advanced Diploma: Grade B with ASL-A Level at B (level 1) Grade A with ASL-A Level at B (level 2)
- BTEC: A relevant BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma with DDM (level 1) A relevant BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma with DDD (level 2)
- European Baccalaureate: 70% overall (level 1) 75% overall (level 2)
- GCE-A Level: Standard: BBB Widening access: BCC (level 1) AAB (level 2)
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma: 30 points (level 1) 34 points (level 2)
- Scottish Baccalaureate: Pass with CC at Advanced Higher (level 1) Distinction with AB (level 2)
- SQA Higher/Advanced Higher: Standard: AABB at Higher / Widening access: BBBB at Higher (level 1) AB at Advanced Higher and BB at Higher (level 2)
- SQA Higher National: A relevant HNC with B in the Graded Unit (level 1) A relevant HND with BB in the Graded Units (level 2)
- Scottish Wider Access Programme (SWAP): Relevant subjects with ABB grades
- Welsh Baccalaureate: A-Levels at BB (level 1) A Levels at AA (level 2)
International18950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18950 GBP per year during 48 months.
Scotland, England, Wales and Northern Ireland - To be confirmed by the Scottish & UK Government per year of study
EU/International - £ 18,950 per year of study
Living costs for Dundee
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.