- A brand new course for September 2021 for people who want to really understand the world we live in and have a burning desire to make things better
- It's unique because it blends the study of history, politics and journalism to shed light on the root causes of today's societal issues
- Develop problem-solving skills and a 'can do' attitude that will help you go into a wide range of job roles including in politics, campaigning, think-tanks, NGOs, charities, civil or diplomatic services.
This unique BA (Hons) in Global Affairs and Politics is for people who want to understand and influence what is happening in the world — at either a local, regional, national or international level. It's the perfect time to launch this programme because never in human history has so much rapid change been apparent. The climate crisis, biodiversity and habitat loss, the Covid-19 pandemic, the rise of populism, threats to free speech and democracy around the world, ageing populations: these are just some of the challenges we face as we begin the 2020s.
When you have completed this Global Affairs and Politics (Hons) degree from University of Derby , you will be well-informed about the major global issues of our time and have a range of skills that employers really value, particularly:
- negotiation and conflict resolution
- being able to analyse evidence objectively, including using basic data science techniques
- cultural awareness.
You can put these skills to good use in a range of high-level careers, such as in politics, journalism, campaigning, think-tanks, NGOs (Non-Govermental Organisations), charities, the civil or diplomatic services, and inter-governmental institutions.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Political Thought and Praxis
- Interpreting the Past
- Reporting Reality
- A Century of World Politics
- Debating Current Global Affairs
- Approaches to Cultural and Political Understanding
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Relations International Development Political Science View 788 other Bachelors in Political Science in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- UCAS points 112-120
- A Level BBB-BBC
- BTEC DDM-DMM
- GCSE GCSE Maths and English Grade 4/Grade C (or above) or equivalent qualification
- Access to HE Pass Access to HE Diploma with 60 credits: 45 at Level 3 with a minimum of Distinction: 15, Merit: 24, Pass: 6
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14045 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14045 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
UK part time £1,155 per 20 credit module
Living costs for Derby
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- We have a range of scholarships, bursaries and discounts available to international students. You will need to apply separately for the Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship and the International Excellent Student Scholarship, but all others are assessed for eligibility alongside your application. The £2,000 Postgraduate (PGT) Scholarship is awarded automatically to most (non-EU) overseas applicants, subject to eligibility.
- You will need to apply separately for the Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship, the International Excellent Student Scholarship and the GREAT Scholarship, but all others are assessed for eligibility alongside your application.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.