This Interior Architecture and Spatial Design (Hons) programme offered at the University of Northampton course will introduce you to creative practices, through studio projects informed by historical and contemporary design, current trends, social contexts and the relationships of other art and design areas to Interior Design.
This degree is a vibrant and creative one. There is a high demand for this expertise in the industry, with the regional expansion scheme, including public and private building plans, so you are in the perfect place to study this evolving discipline.
By joining the course you will become part of a unique learning environment with very close and guided support from teaching tutors. The tutors are experts in industry, many of whom run their own design practices and hold extensive links to the industry.
You will work with contemporary technologies and develop your own visual language, giving you the knowledge and confidence to design for a range of applications. Our design studio and technical workshops provide the environment for you to be innovative in your production of two and three-dimensional work. You will focus on aspects of design technology that can be applied to designing commercial, domestic and public living spaces, linking practical 3D projects to the theory you will learn.
Once you have completed this course, there is a wide range of career opportunities that will be open to you.
- Former students have been known to progress to various MA and PG courses, work in architectural practices, Interior design practices, model making, product and furniture design, stage design and more.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Design Project
- 3D Computer Aided Design
- Design, Construction and Detailing
- Design Theory Context and Practice
- Minor Design Project
- Final Major Project
- 36 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesArchitecture Design Interior Design View 90 other Masters in Interior Design in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Standard entry requirements apply. A typical offer would be BCC at A-Level or DMM at BTEC. In addition, you are expected to have studied an Art, Design or related subject in an A level or BTEC level 3 Diploma, or equivalent qualification. A Foundation Diploma in Art and Design will also be accepted. Students with wide variety of industry skills can also be considered.
- Applicants are interviewed and are requested to provide a portfolio of their own work in Art and Design. International students may submit their portfolio electronically.
- Students with a relevant HND or Foundation Degree with a suitable profile of achievement may be admitted onto year two or three.
- Admission to this foundation programme is normally DEE at A-Level or MPP at BTEC. However, it is also if you have professional or industry experience instead, a range of other qualifications or self-developed subject knowledge that relates to the programme you wish to study.
International13000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13000 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
- UK Part Time: £1,465 per 20 credit module
- UK Integrated Foundation Year: £6,780
- International Integrated Foundation Year: £13,000
Living costs for Northampton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.