Our Primary Education (5-11) - Inclusion with SEND with QTS (Hons) course at University of Cumbria covers all aspects of inclusion and social justice but the main focus is on teaching those with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND).
It will prepare you to be a reflective, effective teacher, able to meet the learning needs of pupils in the Primary age range, including those who experience barriers in their learning.
The Inclusion with SEND specialism is a unique programme that will challenge you to consider and debate key issues in education as well as enabling you to become a first-class teacher.
Your Career with a Teaching SEND Degree
Our graduates are highly valued by teaching employers, especially those with strengths in helping learners with SEN. Your specialist skills will make you an ideal candidate for any teaching post, not only in the UK but across the world - we have graduates who have gone on to teach in Poland and Qatar.
Your degree will not confine you to mainstream school teaching. The knowledge you gain will open up options in special schools, further and higher education and in related professions. Your skills will be useful for any career, as you will gain key employability skills in team working, problem-solving, communication and organisation.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Beginning Teaching Studies
- Beginning to teach English
- Beginning to teach Mathematics
- Beginning to teach Physical Education
- Beginning to teach Computing
- The Cumbria Teacher of Reading: Beginning
- Beginning Placement
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Special Education Educational Psychology View 76 other Masters in Special Education in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- IELTS score 6.5 overall with a minimum of 5.5 in all four elements.
- 104 - 128 UCAS tariff points. You must have the equivalent of a total of five national curriculum GCSEs in English, Maths and Science at grade C/4 or above. Potential to succeed can be measured in a number of ways including academic qualifications and skills obtained outside academic study such as work experience. We have a points range so we can take into account all of the information on your application form and adjust the offer from the evidence provided.
- A satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) background clearance check prior to starting the course. The university will contact you about this if you are offered a place.
- Satisfactory Occupational Health medical check prior to starting the course. The university will contact you about this if you are offered a place.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International12800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12800 GBP per year during 48 months.
EU to be confirmed
Living costs for Lancaster
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
All EU/EEA/Swiss students that start a programme in September 2021 will be eligible for an automatic Fees Discount Scholarship.The discount will be applicable to all years of their degree (3 years or 4 years). Additional information can be found on the University website.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.