In spite of the increasing enrolment figures, the Psychology BA Programme from Károli Gáspár University of the Reformed Church in Hungary has preserved a familiar, friendly atmosphere and supportive personal relations between students and academic staff.
The university is supported by the Reformed Church in Hungary, but all majors at the Faculty of Humanities follow secular curricula set by the academic standards of the HAC (Hungarian Accreditation Committee). We aim at fostering cooperation and mutual responsibility among students thereby providing a protected community for productive studies.
The Psychology Programme provides:
- expert academic staff in psychological research and practice (clinical, counselling and work-psychological areas) with a firm background in theories and practical methods of their subject areas.
- practice-based teaching with an opportunity of self-experience in practical classes.
- special professional socialization classes that help develop a professional personality through self-reflection, training and information about the different professional areas of a psychologist.
- strong theoretical basis in the core fields of psychology (general, personality, developmental psychology, social psychology and methodology).
- opportunity to join our scientific researches in general, personality, social and developmental psychology.
- opportunity to run research projects with the supervision and guidance of professors.
- our BA degree in Psychology is the recognized by European Union that enables future MA studies in European Universities.
- additional elective classes for our students (foreign languages, Central-European Studies Programme).
- wide range of cooperations (Erasmus and worldwide relations) with many partner institutions, (e.g. in South-Korea, USA, Canada) including joint classes, programmes and student mobility.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureMain subject areas
- General Psychology
- Developmental Psychology
- Social Psychology
- Personality Psychology
- Professional Socialization
- Culture and Society
- Biological Studies, Anatomy and Neurology
- Statistics, Psychometrics, Research Methods in Psychology, Supervised Research
- Common courses for all students at the Faculty of Humanities (Philosophy, Church Studies, Reading the Bible: an Introduction)
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Educational Psychology Clinical Psychology View 6 other Masters in Psychology in Hungary
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Secondary school certificate (matriculation document),
- B2 CEFR-level internationally recognised English language exam certificate (equivalent to Cambridge English First (FCE)/ BEC Vantage/ IELTS 5.5-6.5/ TOEFL iBT 87-109/ Michigan ECCE/ PTE General Level 3/ PTE Academic 59-75/ Trinity ISE II),
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Proof of transfer of the application fee (non-refundable cost): 50 EUR.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International7000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3500 EUR per semester and a duration of 36 months.
EU/EEA6000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3000 EUR per semester and a duration of 36 months.
Scholarship opportunities for international students
Provisions Covered by the Scholarships: Tuition-free education, Monthly stipend, Accomodation contribution, Medical insurance
1. Stipendium Hungaricum
Founded by the Hungarian Government in 2013, the programme is supervised by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade. It is based on bilateral education agreements between Hungary and the governments of the sending countries, and is already available on five continents in approximately 70 countries, attracting more than 5000 international students each year.
2. Scholarship for Christian Young People
3. Károli Christian Scholarship
Please find all the information at the programme's website.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.