- Allows you to use mathematics to develop a deeper understanding of the processes behind data manipulation
- Designed in partnership with industry and aimed at those interested in following a career in data science or wishing to progress into further study, such as a PhD
- Become expert at handling large and complex datasets and understand the statistical considerations which can affect results, such as bias and uncertainty
- Over four years you’ll pursue your studies to master level where you will have access to a range of advanced topics such as social media text analysis and computer vision
Your future after Mathematics and Data Science at The University of ExeterYour curriculum has been developed with partners, including IBM, the Met Office, South West Water, Black Swan and Oxygen House. As well as hard skills such as programming and data analysis, you’ll develop important work place skills such as communication, presentation and teamwork.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Differential Equations
- Vector Calculus and Applications
- Statistical Modelling and Inference
- Machine Learning and Data Science
- Data Science in Society
- Data Science Group Project
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
We encourage you to apply as early as possible and before 15 January but will continue to consider applications from international students until 30 June if places are available.
DisciplinesMathematics Applied Mathematics Data Science & Big Data View 768 other Masters in Mathematics in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A-Level AAA GCE AL Maths grade A Candidates may offer GCE AL Maths, Pure Maths or Further Maths.
- IB 36/666 IB Maths HL6
- BTEC DDD Applicants studying a BTEC Extended Diploma will also require GCE AL Maths grade A
- GCSE C or 4 English Language
- A-Level: BBB
- IB: 30
- BTEC: DDM
International21450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21450 GBP per year during 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Exeter
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.