- The Mathematics and Data Science programme at The University of Exeter allows you to use mathematics to develop a deeper understanding of the processes behind data manipulation
- Become expert at handling large and complex datasets and understand the statistical considerations which can affect results, such as bias and uncertainty
- Study topics such as machine learning, artificial intelligence, statistical modelling and programming
- Research projects in each academic year will allow you to develop project management skills in your area of interest, using real world datasets and guided by an academic supervisor
Your curriculum has been developed with partners, including IBM, the Met Office, South West Water, Black Swan and Oxygen House. Throughout your studies you will conduct individual and group projects using real world data sets. Modules will use current industry methods, platforms, software and data, to ensure that they are fully reflective of workplace practice.
We’ve designed our degrees with employability firmly in mind. As well as hard skills such as programming and data analysis, you’ll develop important work place skills such as communication, presentation and teamwork.
There is an established strong market demand for suitably skilled data scientists and data science skills are increasingly being sought across many sectors, particularly by the finance and accounting industries, supermarkets, online retailers such as Amazon and the NHS.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Object-Oriented Programming
- Mathematical Methods
- Probability, Statistics and Data
- Machine Learning
- Data Science Group Project
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Artificial Intelligence Machine Learning View 1021 other Bachelors in Mathematics in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A-Level AAA-AAB GCE AL Maths grade A Candidates may offer GCE AL Maths, Pure Maths or Further Maths.
- IB 36/666-34/665 HL6 in Mathematics (Analysis and Approaches)
- BTEC DDD Applicants studying a BTEC Extended Diploma will also require GCE AL Maths grade A
- GCSE C or 4 English Language
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International24500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24500 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Exeter
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.