- Throughout your studies at Exeter, you will develop fundamental mathematical and computational techniques via a mixture of individual and group learning
- Our programmes support you in becoming an outstanding, dynamic problem solver with an excellent technical skillset, preparing you for a fantastic array of professions that require the technical expertise of a data scientist
- Taught by active researchers who are experts in their fields, covering the core areas of mathematics and computer science while introducing you to applied data science as well as social context
- Research projects in each academic year will allow you to develop research and project management skills in an area of interest, using real world datasets and guided by a leading academic supervisor
- Pursue your studies to Masters level in your final year with the freedom to choose advanced modules to suit your interests
Industrial ExperienceAs part of the four-year Data Science course at The University of Exeter, you can choose to take an optional Commercial and Industrial Experience module during the vacation before the third year (subject to availability). This very rewarding opportunity allows you to gain paid work experience while earning credits towards your degree programme. Following the placement you can report on your experience which, alongside a report from the employer, enables you to count your experience as a third-year optional module. We have excellent links with employers and can provide assistance in finding suitable employment.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Software Development
- Database Theory and Design
- Statistical Modelling and Inference
- Machine Learning and Data Science
- Data Science in Society
- Data Science Group Project
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
We encourage you to apply as early as possible and before 15 January but will continue to consider applications from international students until 30 June if places are available.
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Data Science & Big Data Web Technologies & Cloud Computing View 105 other Masters in Data Science & Big Data in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A-Level AAA-AAB GCE AL Maths grade B in Mathematics, Pure Mathematics or Further Mathematics
- IB 36/666-34/665 IB Maths HL5
- BTEC DDD Applicants studying a BTEC Extended Diploma will also require GCE AL Maths grade B
- GCSE C or 4 English Language
- A-Level: BBB
- IB: 30
- BTEC: DDM
International21450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21450 GBP per year during 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Exeter
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.