- An interdisciplinary Computer Science and Mathematics programme from The University of Exeter combining traditional mathematical techniques with exciting contemporary applications in the field of computer science
- Develop practical skills in the specification, design and implementation of computer systems, as well as an understanding of the theory behind them
- Benefit from excellent facilities spanning a wide range of machine types and software ecosystems
- Our world-class teaching is informed by active, up-to-the-minute research of international standing in developing fields including machine learning, artificial intelligence, and nature-inspired computation
- We maintain excellent teaching links with computer-related industry partners such as IBM, The Met Office, NATS and Motorola
Exeter has an excellent reputation with graduate recruiters and a strong employment record. Our graduates excel in specialist computer science fields and across a broad range of other sectors.
We offer a very wide range of opportunities for you to develop the skills employers are looking for, including industrial placements and study abroad. Visit our Careers and Employability webpages to find out more.
Mathematics has long influenced the development of computer science, and the rapid growth of computing power has led to the development of techniques and algorithms which have in turn influenced the mathematics community, making this joint degree a natural combination. In addition graduates from the programme are well prepared for careers requiring either or both of the disciplines.
There has never been a greater need for experts in computing. From the complex IT systems used in modern businesses to sophisticated online gaming experiences, computers are a familiar characteristic of the modern world. This makes for a fascinating range of careers that require the technical expertise of a computer scientist (someone who understands the science behind computer technology).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Object-Oriented Programming
- Computers and the Internet
- Mathematical Structures
- Mathematical Methods
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- Web Development
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Artificial Intelligence Machine Learning View 118 other Bachelors in Machine Learning in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A-Level AAA GCE AL Maths grade A Candidates may offer GCE AL Maths, Pure Maths or Further Maths.
- IB 36/666 HL6 in Mathematics (Analysis and Approaches)
- BTEC DDD Applicants studying a BTEC Extended Diploma will also require GCE AL Maths grade A
- GCSE C or 4 English Language
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International24500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24500 GBP per year during 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Exeter
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.