Courses offered include basic theory of structures, geotechnical engineering, water resources engineering, engineering drawing & measurement, structural analysis, design in concrete and steel structures, and specialized courses in foundation, transportation and environmental engineering.
During the course of study, students also have the chance to register for Professional Internship (PI) in a private company or public organization, where they learn to practise civil engineering under the guidance of experienced engineers and managers.
In the final year, the Civil Engineering at Nanyang Technological University concentrates on training students in professional civil engineering practice as well as managerial and entrepreneurial skills and students are also required to complete a two-semester duration research project in any of the specializations in civil engineering.
- Fluid Mechanics
- Structural Analysis
- Engineers & Society
- Enterprise and Innovation
- Ethics and Moral Reasoning
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants with GCE ‘A’ Level Certificate need to satisfy the minimum subject requirements of H2 Level pass in Mathematics and Physics or Physical Science or Chemistry or Biology, and an ‘O’ Level pass in Physics or equivalent, in addition to the general admission requirements set by NTU.
- Diploma holders with appropriate engineering diplomas from local polytechnics can also apply and they will be given exemptions so that it is possible to finish the program in 3 years.
- International students must have completed at least 12 years of general education in order to be considered for admission.
International13236 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13236 USD per year during 48 months.
National6184 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6184 USD per year during 48 months.
- Singapore Citizens:S$8,200
- International Students: S$17,550
Living costs for Singapore
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.