On our Criminology and Sociology degree you consider the criminal justice system and explore theoretical positions within sociology and criminology. You'll gain a strong theoretical grounding, analytical expertise and the communication skills needed to kickstart a successful career in a wide range of fields.Reasons to study Criminology and Sociology at Kent
- Ranked 1st in the UK for research quality in The Times Good University Guide 2022.
- Kickstart your career in the police force, criminal justice or the crown court.
- Learn from world-leading teachers and researchers in the social sciences.
- Study contemporary social issues and through a wide range of modules.
- Our School is consistently ranked among the top four disciplinary centres of its kind in the UK for Criminology.
- Boost your employability with a year at one of our partner institutions.
- You will graduate ready to enter a dynamic and diverse labour market with key transferable knowledge and skills that appeal to employers.
As part of your Criminology and Sociology (Hons) programme from University of Kent, you develop critical thinking and transferable knowledge and skills that enable you to work in a variety of professions.
Our graduates have gone on to work in:
- national and local government
- social and cultural policy
- international institutions and NGOs
- the organisation of social and community projects
- media, journalism, broadcasting
- the police force
- criminal justice services
- social services.
- Crime and Society
- Critical Thinking
- Sociological Theory: The Classics
- Social Policy and Social Control
- 36 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSociology Legal Studies Criminology View 715 other Bachelors in Sociology in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The University welcomes applications from Access to Higher Education Diploma candidates for consideration. A typical offer may require you to obtain a proportion of Level 3 credits in relevant subjects at merit grade or above.
- Distinction, Distinction, Merit
- 30 points overall or 15 at HL
International17400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17400 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
- EU: £13000
- UK: £4625
- EU: £6500
- International: £8700
Living costs for Canterbury
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.