The Film and Television Studies (including foundation year) (Hons) at London Metropolitan University will equip you with knowledge about the film and television industry, as well as transferable and practical skills that are applicable in the real-world.
The foundation year will be shared with students from other foundation year degrees in the School of Computing and Digital Media. This will be the ideal opportunity to meet students from different specialisms and exchange ideas on the programme you study.
Where this course can take you
This course will prepare you for a career within the creative industries, film or academia.
On graduation you’ll also have opportunities to enter postgraduate study.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Approaches to Film and Television
- Film and TV Practice
- Film and TV Production
- Film and Television Histories
- Cinema and Television in Europe
- Contemporary American Television
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Media Management Media Studies & Mass Media View 633 other Bachelors in Media Studies & Mass Media in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
In addition to the University's standard entry requirements, you should have:
- at least one A level (or a minimum of 32 UCAS points from an equivalent Level 3 qualification, eg BTEC Subsidiary/National/BTEC Extended Diploma)
- English Language GCSE at grade C/4 or above (or equivalent, eg Functional Skills at Level 2), if you meet the UCAS points criteria but obtained a grade D/3 in English at GCSE you may be offered a University test in this area
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15576 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15576 GBP per year during 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 48 months.
- UK: £2,310 per 30 credits
- Int: £3,894 per 30 credits
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.