Who is it for?
The Computer Science (Hons) programme at City, University of London is suited for those looking for a rewarding career in a diverse and rapidly changing environment, from the highly technical to the business-drive, in roles that are both creative and highly valued.
City's MSci (Hons) Computer Science degree covers core foundational skills such as programming, progressing to cover a range of computing topics with a focus on professional application, while maintaining a strong theoretical underpinning.As a student of the MSci (Hons) Computer Science, you will:
- Gain an appreciation of the foundations of computation
- Acquire an understanding of the structure of programming languages
- Develop the skills to use coding creatively in solving computational problems over the four years of the course.
- Acquire expertise in state-of-the-art approaches to a wide variety of technologies
- Develop commercially valuable skills and work with internationally renowned research groups, learning about the latest developments in computer science
Software and programming are growth areas where qualified graduates are in demand. This broad-ranging degree keeps your career options open and could lead to roles such as:
- Software Engineer
- Mobile Application Developer
- Systems Architect.
Our recent Computer Science graduates have joined:
- Metro Bank
- TATA Consultancy
- Expedia Group.
Your fourth year of master’s level study will make you attractive to employers as you will have greater depth and breadth of knowledge. You will be closer to gaining Chartered Engineer status and well prepared for further study, such as a PhD.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Mathematics for computing
- Operating Systems
- Systems architecture
- Programming in Java
- Databases and Web Development
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Computer Sciences Web Technologies & Cloud Computing View 152 other Masters in Informatics & Information Sciences in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- 'A' Level: ABB (preferably to include Computer Science or Mathematics)
- Tariff: 128 UCAS tariff points (typically ABB or BBB with a relevant EPQ)
- IB: 31 points, with 6, 5, 5 from three higher subjects
- BTEC: D*DD (IT/numerate subjects only)
- Extended Project Qualification (EPQ): We welcome applications that include the EPQ. Where relevant, this may be included in our offer, resulting in an 'A' Level offer reduced by one grade.
International17850 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17850 GBP per year during 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 48 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.